Following the great success of ICCAS 2022, we are pleased to organize the ICCAS 2024 conference. The aim is to promote the dissemination and exchange of scientific information on the next generation of civil and military aircraft. It provides an excellent forum for combining academic research and industrial works to examine how we can develop intelligent aircraft systems owning more freedom of choice, sensitivity to the context, learning capabilities, and able to interact naturally with the pilots or the operators while saving their mental and physical resources. Recent trends in this field address several major aspects such as the online monitoring of the flight performances based on behavioral, physiological, and neurological measurements, the design of more ecological human-machine interfaces providing intuitive information about the flight or mission status to support decision process, and architecture rules that guarantee a high level of operation safety. The conference addresses a wide spectrum of theoretical and practical topics related to neuroergonomics and human factors, artificial intelligence, human-machine interaction and autonomous systems engineering. It is mainly focused on aeronautics but contributions from a wide range of domains such as automotive, robots, drones, or artificial agents are welcome.
Please feel free to disseminate the pdf of the call for participation.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Neuroergonomics and human factors
- Eye tracking, EEG, fNIRS, other measurement methods
- Brain computer interfaces
- Mental workload, acute stress, emotion, fatigue
- Simulation, virtual reality
- Training, safety analysis
- Artificial intelligence
- Modeling and simulation
- Fault tolerant distributed algorithms
- Human-aware task scheduling
- Cooperative techniques, mixed-initiative interaction/planning
- Transparent AI, natural human-machine interaction
- Human-Machine Interaction
- Sensors and adaptive systems
- Intelligent assistants, virtual assistants
- Ecological interface design, augmented reality
- Innovative warning systems, countermeasures
- Multimodal interaction
- Autonomous vehicles and Automation
- Single pilot operations
- Remote control of automated vehicles
- Unmanned vehicles
- Man-machine cooperative techniques
- Ethical aspects
This conference invites research experts and industry practitioners from multidisciplinary backgrounds. It includes invited speakers, and works’ presentation via abstract submissions and selection with an international scientific committee.
Authors are invited to submit an abstact (300 words): see instructions and submission link here.
If your abstact is accepted for an oral presentation or a poster session, you will be invited to submit a full paper (optional): see instructions and submission link here.
Abstract and full paper will be reviewed by the program committee and may be accepted for oral or poster presentation. Accepted full paper wll published in conference proceedings.
Fabien Lotte, Research director (INRIA)
Randy Mumaw, Researcher (NASA)
Notification of abstract review results
Optional full paper due
Notification of optional full paper review results
|Registration deadline (for presenters & attendees)
|ICCAS 2024 conference
The conference will be held in the "amphitheater 4" at ISAE-SUPAERO, 10 Avenue Edouard Belin, 31055 Toulouse, France
The Conference registration fee includes:
- Participation in all oral sessions
- Entrance to the exhibition/poster session area
- Publication of conference paper proceedings
- Refreshment breaks
- Two tickets for the midday meals
- One ticket for the reception dinner held at Hôtel Dieu-Saint Jacques by the river.
Follow us on X :